Crafting a Magnificent Master BathroomRegardless of the number of bathrooms in your home, the master bathroom should be a place you can relax and get away from it all.
Things to consider before you start
If you are planning a new bathroom or have decided to remodel an existing bathroom, there are a number of things to consider before you start. This should include everything from the space available, who will be using the bathroom, and the style you want to achieve.
It’s all too easy to get carried away with the design and appearance, and dismiss the basics! Measuring the space is one of the first things you should do before you start looking at bathroom suites.
Taking your time to think things through during the planning stage, will ensure everything will work out just as you want it.
Planning the layout
In most cases, a bathroom floor plan will fit one of three layouts, featuring one, two, or three wet-walls. A wet-wall, is a wall to which any of your fittings, (bath, shower, toilet, basin etc.) are plumbed into. This will confirm the route the water and waste pipes will need to take.
At this stage you should also consider the type of heating you want. Think about installing underfloor heating to help dry out any water on the floor and to keep the bathroom floor warm underfoot.
It’s always worth considering your existing plumbing, as moving and replacing this can be an involved process that increases the cost beyond your budget.
Choose a Bathroom Style
Floor & Wall Coverings
In most cases, tiles are generally the most popular covering for walls and floors, however, other options like low-maintenance sheet vinyl shower panels are also available. We have a large selection of both floor and wall tiles to suit all styles and budgets. Tiles samples are available on request free of charge.
Always choose non-porous bathroom tiles like ceramic or porcelain as porous tiles, such as slate, marble and limestone will require sealing every few months to prevent water damage. Only use floor tiles that are specifically designed for bathroom floors so they are anti-slip.
What will it cost?
The cost of installing a bathroom suite will vary depending on the construction, and the type of finish required, however as a rule of thumb it will average between £3,500 and £5,500+. This will include installation, labour, fixtures, fittings and finishes like flooring and tiling. With the addition of any extra features and accessories, you can expect to pay a little more.
With the help of our expert advice, free measuring, design and planning service as well as professional installation, we can help you achieve the ideal cloakroom toilet within your budget.
What Bathroom Products Do I Need?
- An opportunity to make the changes you need to fit your personal circumstances, like adding a sense of opulence now the kids have grown up.
- By adding a good quality and well layed out stylish master bathroom, you will add value to your property.
- A great way to put your own personal stamp on a room that often gets left behind when it comes to style.
- You may also consider a family member with mobility issues by installing more accessible bathroom fittings.
- Should you come to sell the house, a more personalised bathroom layout may put off buyers.
- If the work is not carried out properly, leaks can cause extensive damage. Always use a professional fitter when installing a bathroom suite.
- The cost of remodelling your bathroom may be too high due to the existing position of the water and waste pipes.
- Remodelling your bathroom in a listed building may require planning permission, as you could be altering the internal fabric of the building.
What Important Features Do I Need
We will work with you through every stage of the planning, design and build process, meaning you will benefit from over 40 years of industy experience to achieve exactly what you want.
Discuss your project with us
To discuss your next bathroom project, arrange a free measure and estimate, and to see our full range of bathroom suites, shower enclosures, wall and floor tiles.